- Allied Universal
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
What to expect as a Commercial Security Installation Technician II:
- Install, program and configure commercial electronic security systems for enterprise commercial clients (door access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, low voltage communication, electronic locks, point sensors, signaling devices, ect.)
- Troubleshoot new installations to ensure the systems are functioning properly and satisfy codes.
- Supervise Tech I’s on a job as assigned by Operations Manager
- Drive to client sites, with a company issued vehicle, to perform the system installation and confirm the system is operating effectively and meets contract requirements
- Run electrical wiring; related activities to include drilling, trenching, and aerial runs.
- Responsible for the connection of control panels, application requirements, wire concealment and security software installation.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned such as job-site clean-up
What knowledge and skills are required:
- High School Degree, Vocational School or equivalent is required
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the physical security, fire alarm or low voltage communication industry installing field devices, programming systems and managing small jobs
- Experience with any or all of the following preferred: Software House, Lenel, AMAG, S2, Brivo, Milestone, Exacq, Axis, Bosch, Commend, DMP, Open Options, Notifier, Fluidmesh or ONSSI
- Possess or has the ability to obtain proper state licensing once hired (Low Voltage D license, Alarm Installer Lic. etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast based environment with minimum direction
- Good communication skills for effective interaction with internal & external customers
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to be on-call on a rotational basis
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Ability to complete time entry from home on a daily basis via the Internet
- Ability to deliver product familiarization training to end-users
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.more