Process & Technology Manager
- The TJX Companies, Inc.
Discovery is at the core of everything we do - whether it’s a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That’s what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
The Opportunity: Contribute To The Growth Of Your Career.
The Process & Technology Manager directs and implements projects that result in process improvements for the Global Product Development department. This includes new and existing Global Product Development systems and initiatives. They evaluate both current and future Global Product Development technologies and workflow processes, defining improvements and project objectives. They lead projects from start to finish and are responsible for system design and development activities to ensure current and future systems are efficient and effective for end-users. They also liaise with the business, TJX IT and external IT providers to support and service the needs of users and the evolving technology needs of the division as it scales.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Identify, direct, and implement projects that result in technology and process improvement initiatives for existing and planned Global Product Development Systems.
- Oversee technical enhancements/fixes to current PD software applications and plans for the future (e.g., managing user use case development for future system enhancements).
- Advise Product Development Associates regarding appropriate approaches to achieve business objectives and minimize application problems.
- Prioritize future enhancements to meet PD technology needs based on user requirements and user input.
- Approve, oversee and monitor all technical system updates for the Division.
- Conduct/oversee testing prior to moving the new functionality into production; manage user acceptance testing processes, involving the business.
- Review and approve all documentation and deliverables related to business requirements.
- Liaise with IT Global Production support (GPS) teams at all levels to provide ongoing technical user support to Division; manage and oversee business administration function within PD.
- Leverage a tool kit of methodologies to prioritize and troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations that lead to implementation of initiatives and lead the project team and subject matter experts in the generation and evaluation of solutions. Develop plans for pilots as needed.
- Lead future technology/software requirements research for PD. Liaise and is the PD voice with other TJX Corporate IT initiatives. Partner with software vendors and other retailers on their future roadmaps to ensure TJX continues to innovate and remain best-in-class.
- Research and anticipate new technology to ensure that Product Development has the tools to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively. Research and analyze third party products and provide purchase recommendations.
- Manage daily activities related to Product Development technology (hardware and software)
- Maintain and provide customer service to user of both new and legacy systems. Support organization and change management strategies and activities by partnering with the business, Sr. Change Management Specialist and Sr. PD Trainer in the division.
- Nurture and develop a team of (2) Senior PD Analysts and (1) Senior Administrator.
- Develop a high level of confidence with PD Management to ensure users accept new systems and system enhancements.
Who We Are Looking For: You.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management information systems or Business Management or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant Process and Technology experience.
- Must have direct people management experience.
- Experience developing and supporting PLM IT systems and maintenance preferred.
- Understanding of apparel retail merchandising preferred.
- Broad-based knowledge of garment specifications preferred (including clothing construction, grading, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interpret conceptual design ideas.
- Envisioning the future and anticipating trends and their implications for the company.
- Fosters an understanding of the company’s strategic direction in others
- Creates a positive environment in which a diverse workforce can thrive
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize your needs!
- Competitive Pay
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Weekly paychecks
- Paid time away
- Programs to support environment and corporate responsibility
- TAAP – TJX Associate Assistance Programs
- Associate Discount
- Career Development Opportunity
- Be a part of an inclusive team
Benefit programs and eligibility terms vary across our global locations. We encourage you to apply to learn more about how our benefits can make a difference for you.
Full COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster once eligible, is a condition of employment at TJX, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.more